1. Configration proxy in Ubuntu :
System setting -> Network proxy as diagram below :
Apply your own configration of proxy.
2. Configration proxy for SVN :
Go to ~/.subversion folder, modify the file servers :
Uncomment these lines and add your own configration proxy :
Make sure there is no gap on either side of “=” symbol
It will works your proxy.
The problem which I met yesterday :
1. trying to install ubuntu 12.04, and black screen (solution in the POST precedent)
2. after installation ubuntu 12.04 successfully, when reboot and black screen
There are some diagrams which could be more clear :
When you arrive at this step below, just press shift key on your keyboard.
Press e to edit your start command, change quiet splash to nomodeset and press Ctrl+X on keyboard.
After you reboot successfully, open a terminal, and follow the tips below:
You should add this option to /etc/default/grub, firstly:
sudo nano /etc/default/grub
and then add nomodeset to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT:
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset"
And then simply run:
You can also find the solution in the following URL, especially the answer of Coldfish in the second URL which provide a solution to update grub :
First to install Ubuntu OS into a PC which have window installed. You can follow this toturial : http://askubuntu.com/questions/141108/how-to-install-ubuntu-os-having-already-installed-windows-os
But there is little trap that we should pay attentation, in the following image, the point if we choose the paths other than /, it will not work, so just let / choosen and install.
The points that we should pay attention are that :
– When boot from CD, if it stops here, you should press any key on the keyboard to display language select list.
– If it stops here, you should press F6 to lancer other option, like this :
For more information, please search here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132